[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS 0+1 across disparate drives

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Thu Dec 2 18:55:36 UTC 2021

I have only read this thread very superficially, but LTO tape (linear tape open)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_Tape-Open

LTO-8 has native raw capacity of about 12TB so attaching a LTO-8 drive may be an option.

The same page says, by the way, that LTO-9 is supposed to have 18TB native capacity,
but "delayed to late 2021" (which is now).

Given the fact that the compressed capacity of LTO-8 is 30TB you are probably still well below the limits of a single LTO8 tape,
that is, it is quite possible that if you have less than 30TB of data, you can make a backup to a LTO-8 drive.

Regards,
David Stes