[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS 0+1 across disparate drives

Michelle michelle at msknight.com
Fri Dec 3 05:52:57 UTC 2021

It is a possibility, but LTO-8 drives are still £3,000+ for just the
drive. The drive would also then be the weakest link, and quite an
expensive one.

With 10Tb NAS drives coming in at £300 each, that's £1,200 for four
drives with 30Tb capacity at RaidZ. An extra as spare, or two extras
for RaidZ2 and a spare, and you still haven't broken £2,000.

Michelle.