[OpenIndiana-discuss] weird network issue, choosing a default interface

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Tue Dec 7 23:21:24 UTC 2021

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] weird network issue, choosing a...:

>> Does that work?  Does it change your current "netstat -rn" output?
>
> I didn't do that, I had a look at the GUI network management stuff, and fixed
> an errant subnet mask, and removed the default route from the rge0 interface.
> I don't think IPv6 is an issue, but it's working now :

I mentioned IPv6 only because that's where the routing issues I run into
always turn up.  It didn't appear to be related to your issue.

I had kind of assumed you had ruled out an incorrect subnet mask as the
source of the issue, but I'm glad you found it and have things fixed up!

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)