[OpenIndiana-discuss] What is the Solaris ld linker's equivalent to GNU's -dynamic-linker?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Feb 11 16:10:17 UTC 2021

On 2/11/21 8:03 AM, cretin1997 via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> I have a linker script which uses many of:
>
> -dynamic-linker /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
>
> I tried to use it on OpenIndiana by changed it to:
>
> -dynamic-linker /lib/64/ld.so.1
>
> but the Solaris ld linker doesn't happy with it:
>
> ld: Software Generation Utilities - Solaris Link Editors: 5.11-1.1763 (illumos)
> ld: fatal: option -d has illegal argument 'ynamic-linker'
> ld: fatal: flags processing errors
>
> Please help.

https://illumos.org/man/1/ld documents --dynamic-linker as an alias for -I
- is the problem the lack of the double-dash in your script?

I'd be tempted to just delete it altogether, since the linker will pick the
right value on its own, but if you needed something non-default, try adding
the second dash or switching to -I.

	-alan-