[OpenIndiana-discuss] What is the Solaris ld linker's equivalent to GNU's -dynamic-linker?

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Feb 11 20:57:35 UTC 2021

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> https://illumos.org/man/1/ld documents --dynamic-linker as an alias for -I
> - is the problem the lack of the double-dash in your script?
>
> I'd be tempted to just delete it altogether, since the linker will pick the
> right value on its own, but if you needed something non-default, try adding
> the second dash or switching to -I.

The Linux manual page says this:

   "The default dynamic linker is normally correct; don't use this
   unless you know what you are doing."

Perhaps the person who requested --dynamic-linker met the above
qualification, or perhaps she just felt like using it.

I see that the Linux linker also supports the -I option for the same
purpose so it seems that -I is more portable.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
Public Key,     http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/public-key.txt