[OpenIndiana-discuss] after Installation, no X11?

Rolf M. Dietze rmd at orbit.in-berlin.de
Wed Feb 24 23:24:05 UTC 2021

Hi,
[..]
>> Right now I am fiddling with CDE. In fact, sunray on OI works? If, please
>> give me a pointer, I'd love to put that on an OI box. Is there a newer
> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-docs/pull/150 is a little bit outdated but
> another user successfully installed it recently and promised to update
> the documentation.
ah, nice, thanks for the link.
First idea was to install a Solaris-10 instance in a zone or in kvm,
bhyve with
sunray running there, but natively on OI sounds more interesting. I definitly
will give that a try.

>> firefox than  60.9.0? Firefox could be a show stopper for OI as a desktop
>> replacement because of the old certificates. Yes sure, I could fence a
>> more recent version of that power consuming firefox in some newer linux
>> branded zone. That goes for me, assumingly for most of the readers of
>> that
>> list, but not for all users I have to support.
> An update of firefox needs some other components to be updated (eg. icu
> and rust).
> It's been worked on but as we are very few maintainers it's taking time.
well yes, that is a longer road to go, but definitly worth it or desktop
environments

Rolf