[OpenIndiana-discuss] Auto remove of unneeded packages?

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Thu Feb 25 06:14:20 UTC 2021

On 02/25/21 05:49 AM, Judah Richardson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 8:32 PM cretin1997 <cretin1997 at protonmail.com>
> wrote:

Hello!

These BootEinvironments are *very* handy when you get into trouble after
some crude pkg fiddling.
On Linux installations you are in a mess if something severly happened,
with the BE on OI/Illumos and FreeBSD now (i think)
you just choose the previous BE and destroy the corrupted one later -
easy-peasy.

It would allow selectable installations of OI with different package
selections on one root pool
- if you think you need to and take care and set the BE names when doing
something with pkg.

I love it.

:-)

Stephan