[OpenIndiana-discuss] Merging OI + OmniOS? (And OpenZFS vs ZFS)

Nona Hansel nona.h at seznam.cz
Thu Jan 7 18:44:01 UTC 2021

Hello everybody,

I'm not in the position of propose something or provide some insight to this
topic since I've started contributing to OI just in recent three months. But
I can say that I don't lack spirit, yet I do lack experience and knowledge.
My backgroud isn't IT, I'm not familiar with C family languages and
everything is new to me. It takes me forever to prepare propper PR. I'm able
to contribute just because I can choose what to do and when something doesn'
t work, I can abandon it.

Therefore, if the projects merged, I wouldn't be able to contribute in any
way since I hardly know what I'm doing when things are stable in OI.

What I'm trying to say is that just because somebody contributes to some
project doesn't necessarily mean that this person is developer to be count
on. I'm affraid that on OI side, the work would heavily lie on a few (if not
one) experienced delevopers.

Nona

---------- Původní e-mail ----------