[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox and USB webcam

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 21:30:46 UTC 2021

Hey Tony

That sounds to me like the a kernel driver is attaching to the device
and thus Virtualbox cannot do that anymore.

There is a blacklisting capability but I have never done that or know
how exactly that works, or if it helps in this situation.

It should be comparable to bhyve passthrough setups where a Host OS
driver already attaches. And I know there are guides there for that. but
you might ask best on IRC about specifically Virtualbox passthrough. As
we have new facilities to achieve such a passthrough.

I also remember this issue being solved once before. So you may also
want to search the archives.

-Till