[OpenIndiana-discuss] Tasks to focus on

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 21:57:03 UTC 2021

Hey Aurelian

Nice to have you back!

We had a Maintainer meetup yesterday aswell and I am still processing
the notes. And translating to English. (we where all German)

But in short:
I will get myself a Physical host with Hetzner with a ton of RAM and CPU
so we can dedicate some zones and VM's to OpenIndiana building packages.
Olaf has been working on a revised Jenkins pipeline which fully
automates PR builds and allows to push them into seperate repos for
testing with others. So others can just use that repo for testing and
don't need to build. We will implement that Capability there.

We also talked about making a rustup.mk which will use jmclulows rustup
work to bootstrap a rust compiler to build rust software and rust itself.

As we plan to eventually migrate our build and repository server onto
that Hetzner machine, we can also look into rebuild then, as we will
probably have to do one from scratch.

PS. would you like to be invited to the Maintainer meetup? It's on the
thirst Wednesday every month 19:00 PM Berlin timezone.

-Till