[OpenIndiana-discuss] Will OpenIndiana switch to SquashFS?

Hung Nguyen Gia gh_origin at zohomail.com
Sat Jan 9 10:52:41 UTC 2021

Thanks for your clarification. But you didn't answer the second part of my question. Hope someone will address it.

I do have another question. Everyone of us knows that a read-only root file system is not enough for a live system. There always a need for some overlayfs/unionfs/aufs to have a writable root file system. So what is the technology used on OI? Thanks.

---- On Sat, 09 Jan 2021 16:41:18 +0700 Peter Tribble <peter.tribble at gmail.com> wrote ----