[OpenIndiana-discuss] Newer JDKs

Predrag Zecevic predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Jan 12 12:20:01 UTC 2021

On 12.01.2021 13:09, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 1:01 PM Hung Nguyen Gia via openindiana-discuss <
> openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:
>
>> We stuck with OpenJDK 8 u232.
>>
>> pkgsrc has newer versions. But they have troubles with libdemangle.
>> Installing sunpro package simply not enough to fix this.
>>
>> Nothing strange. They are built on SmartOS. A very different environment
>> than us.
>>
>> Don't expect they run 100% fine.
>>
>> OmniOS has never versions, too.
>>
>> Tribblix, of course. P. Tribble seemed to be OpenJDK's maintainer for
>> Illumos.
>>
>> I don't ask much. Just get the latest version of OpenJDK 8 and OpenJDK 11
>> is enough.
>>
>> Both are LTS. Maybe just pulling the patches from Tribblix?
>>
>> I think the OmniOS guys did the same.
>>

> Yes we need to add OpenJDK 11, I think Franklin was working on adding the
> component.
>
> If he is busy I can take over and build the package this week, or if any
> other developer is interested.

Or, if cannot wait for it: http://pkgs.tribblix.org/openjdk/

Regards.
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 107, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!