[OpenIndiana-discuss] Microphone and pulseaudio

Tony Brian Albers tba at kb.dk
Tue Jan 12 15:10:03 UTC 2021

I'm having issues getting an analogue (using a 3,5mm jack connector)
microphone to work properly.

It shows up in the mate-volume-control window, but even when it's at
100% volume, there's no sound level indication. The mic works, because
when I test it with
$ cat </dev/audio >>/tmp/foo.au
$ cat /tmp/foo.au >>/dev/audio

I can hear the words I say, but it's awfully low and the noise level is
normal. The words are only just audible.

Is there a way that I can use something like mic boost? I've been
rummaging around in pulseaudio(pacmd etc.) all day now, but I can't find
anything that's not set to a 100% volume with regards to the microphone.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

/tony

--
Tony Albers - Systems Architect - IT Development Royal Danish Library,
Victor Albecks Vej 1, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark