[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to replace failed rpool mirror disk?

Araragi Hokuto araragihokuto at outlook.com
Tue Jan 19 18:38:51 UTC 2021

 From my experience, the shell's performance hardly makes large
difference, because the shell itself is *not* that different (that is,
if there's a difference in the first place: most *nix I've ever seen
ships with the same set of shells).

Given that you are stating the output printing is slow, I would like to
confirm your display setting first:

1) Are you running OI inside a vm, or are you running it on real
hardwares? If later, can you provide the specs of hardware in use?

2) What interface are you using, video console, terminal emulator under
X, or something else (through ssh, etc)?

     a) If using video console, are you using VGA text console, or BIOS
graphical console, or UEFI console? All three of them have significant
performance difference on my hardware.

     b) If using X, what video driver are you using? Look into your Xorg
log if you are not sure.

     c) If its something else, priovide more infomation so we can look
into it.

I would at least confirm the problem really lies inside shell before
asking maintainers to update it, and I would *NEVER* send out a mail
with something like "OI is too slow for me so GO GET LINUX'S SHELL AT
ONCE". Don't blame Google translator for it; we can tell the difference
bewteen poor translation and true disrespect, and disrespectful mail
calls for disrespectful replies.