[OpenIndiana-discuss] distribution constructor for making OI spins?

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Wed Jan 20 21:21:15 UTC 2021

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] distribution constructor for making...:

> And one more thing: We share the Sun Solaris ancestry with Oracle
> Solaris. Some things have diverted during the last decade but the
> solaris-userland
> repository is a first-class source of information and inspiration.

+1 to that.  When I was first getting comfortable with oi-userland and
the PR submission process, I knew it was OK to take inspiration from
other Illumos distros, but I wasn't certain if it was OK to also use
solaris-userland.  Aurélien and Alexander confirmed that it's fine to
look at that repo to see how they've approached building and packaging
a particular component.

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)