[OpenIndiana-discuss] OmniTribblix, vpnc and audio mixer

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 09:26:41 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 9:13 AM Tony Brian Albers <tba at kb.dk> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Pardon me for posting here, but I haven't been able to find a mailing
> list for Tribblix.

There isn't one. Traffic would likely be light...

> Since sound is not working properly in OI, I've decided to try out
> OmniTribblix. I'm running m24

Sound is likely to be the same - all the drivers and underlying plumbing
come from illumos. OI may have more utilities and libraries to talk
to it (it might have pulseaudio to layer on top, I think) and some desktop
integration. Tribblix used to have the Xfce mixer applet, but that seems to
have been dropped by the Xfce project.

> Has anyone found out how to get vpnc into tribblix?

Never tried. I had this working on Solaris 10, but that shows how long ago
I last had need of it.

> And: I cannot find an audio-mixer of any kind -am I doing something wrong?

We used to have sdtaudioctl and mixerctl. For whatever limited manipulations
I need (and to be honest it's usually to mute stupid autoplaying things on
web
pages) then audioctl can be used.

The underlying sound system is quite sophisticated; we don't have a great
deal
that exposes that to the end user.

> TIA
>
> /tony
> --
> Tony Albers - Systems Architect - IT Development Royal Danish Library,
> Victor Albecks Vej 1, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
> Tel: +45 2566 2383 - CVR/SE: 2898 8842 - EAN: 5798000792142

-Peter Tribble