[OpenIndiana-discuss] When will AMD XIII CPUs be supported

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 21 21:58:59 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 12:56:51PM -0800, Chris wrote:
> Or, why does the 20201031 usb image text install crash
> on my AMD XIII @3Ghz && 8GB RAM?

What is AMD XIII?  I have three AMD Ryzen systems.  None of them behave
that way.  This is the one I use most often:

    <mills at qtpie:1309>$ psrinfo -vp
    The physical processor has 8 cores and 16 virtual processors (0-15)
        x86 (AuthenticAMD 800F82 family 23 model 8 step 2 clock 3200 MHz)
          AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor

> The install is slow as a dog in graphics or text modes.

That may not be a problem.  After all, you only install once.

> It either bootloops just after
> zfs0 /pseudo/zfs at 0
>
> or it dumps core at the first language choice screen.
> Any thoughts/suggestions?

That certainly could be a problem.  Did you capture the core file
or record the traceback?