[OpenIndiana-discuss] When will AMD XIII CPUs be supported

Hung Nguyen Gia gh_origin at zohomail.com
Fri Jan 22 03:06:09 UTC 2021

I know the pain, bro.
It's deadly slow on my Intel with SSD, too.
But there are workarounds to make it fast.
Despite these workarounds sound stupid.

If you use the graphical live system, after boot when it done configured your network, fire up System Monitor.
Yes, fire up System Monitor, sounds unrelated, but really helps.
After that, minimize System Monitor's window, use the TEXT INSTALLER, yes, the TEXT INSTALLER, don't touch the graphical installer.
Regardless of your system is UEFI or not, just choose the use the whole disk EFI.
Then the installation will be a lot faster.

I don't why the people with knowledge about DTrace, (K)MDB, bla bla... doesn't investigate this problem.
It has been like that for years.
But don't complain with them. They will have you to learn DTrace, (K)MDB, bla bla... and ask you to do the investigation yourself!
I know this, so I would rather shut up and don't care, as long as there is workarounds.

Hope it helps.

---- On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 03:56:51 +0700 Chris <oidev at bsdos.info> wrote ----