[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to add a new package to distibution construction?

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 12:38:37 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 1:56 AM Hung Nguyen Gia via openindiana-discuss <
openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:

> So no one know how to do it?

You should add the package FMRI in the distribution constructor manifest
like I should in the thread about nano.
Add it to one of the manifests included in slim_cd.
However sunpro is not available anymore from our repo for legal reasons, it
was obsoleted some weeks ago.

Also I just remembered that you ask why we do not have cc,c++,cxx etc.. in
/usr/bin... I forgot to reply...
A lot of software assumes that if /usr/bin/cc is found then it is Sunstudio
and sets it as default without checking that it is actually another
compiler e.g. GCC.
We had to refrain from providing the symlinks in /usr/bin to work around
such ill-defined behaviour...

> ---- On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 23:11:17 +0700 Hung Nguyen Gia via
> openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote ----
>
>  > e.g: I wanted to add the sunpro package into slim_cd_x86.xml
>  >
>  > How could I do it?
>  >
>  > I found this xml doesn't contain any list of packages to be used at
> all.
>  >
>  > Please help. Thanks.
>  >