[OpenIndiana-discuss] python-gi in OI?

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:53:48 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 1:25 PM Tony Brian Albers <tba at kb.dk> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to get virt-manager to work. But it complains about not being
> able to load gi:
>
> tba at emu:/opt$ virt-manager
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/bin/virt-manager", line 6, in <module>
>      from virtManager import virtmanager
>    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/virtmanager.py", line 15,
> in <module>
>      import gi
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'gi'
> tba at emu:/opt$
>

> Does anyone know if we have gi somewhere?

It does not look like we do:

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/python

You can add it by copying the recipe:

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/python/zipp

and change the relevant information, set PYTHON_VERSION to
$(PYTHON3_VERSIONS) only.
You can execute gmake prep to get the sha256 sum to replace.

Then:

1) Copy the LICENSE file to gi.license

2) Rename the p5m file to gi-PYVER.p5m

3) Execute gmake sample-manifest

4) Copy the relevant entries from manifests/generic-manifest.p5m to
gi-PYVER.p5m

5) Try gmake pre-publish

If this fails with undefined dependencies, regenerate the list of deps
using 'gmake REQUIRED_PACKAGES'.

6) Cleanup REQUIRED_PACKAGES in the Makefile to remove duplicates.

7) gmake publish (this should pass except if some specific packaging tricks
need be pulled, in which case post the details here)

8) git add Makefile gi.license gi-PYVER.p5m manifests pkg5

9) git commit -m "gi: add version XXX"

10) Push your branch and open a PR.

Optionally you can install pipdeptree-39 to inspect if all the required
dependencies are installed.

> pip fails because python.org has disabled their xmlrpc service because
> of a DoS problem. (https://status.python.org/)
>
> TIA
>
> /tony
>
> --
> Tony Albers - Systems Architect - IT Development Royal Danish Library,
> Victor Albecks Vej 1, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
> Tel: +45 2566 2383 - CVR/SE: 2898 8842 - EAN: 5798000792142

---
Praise the Caffeine embeddings