[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to add a new package to distibution construction?

Chris oidev at bsdos.info
Tue Jan 26 01:09:05 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-25 16:22, Hung Nguyen Gia via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> Thanks. BTW, do you know how to do this?
>
> https://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2021-January/023341.html
>
> The DIY guys seemed never did the same thing but just like to teach other
> what to do.
>
> On a booted live usb system of OI.
>
> The format command doesn't show the usb stick as disk.
>
> rmformat only does with formatting, but not partitioning:
> https://illumos.org/man/1/rmformat
>
> It seemed only fdisk left. I will try if fdisk works or not.
>
> I hate this kind of DIY answers very much.
>
> Better give me the details, which commands to use, which man pages to look
> at...
>
> I always give them very detailed information but they can only give these
> sh8t.
I *dearly* wish gpart(8) (FreeBSD) was available to OI (has grow && shrink).
Once I
get my graphics card output sorted. I'm going to see about converting it to
OI.
Till then (given a GUI) you could probably use gpartd to accomplish your
task(s).

HTH

--Chris

--
~10yrs a FreeBSD maintainer of ~160 ports
~40yrs of UNIX