[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to add a new package to distibution construction?

Hung Nguyen Gia gh_origin at zohomail.com
Tue Jan 26 06:57:15 UTC 2021

Regarding why unlike other people I always write in the beginning of mail rather than the after of it, it's because I feel it's easier to read for the people reading my mails.

Guest what? After something like >>>>>>>> after multiple replies, how can you tell what is the person's texts and what's the texts he quoted from other people's mail?

It's the inherently limit of mailing list. This is why I never partition people's mail into sections and answer each sections.

Just write everything in the beginning, the later part which is the quote could just be dismissed. It's personal preference anyway.

Thanks for your pointer. I will try it.

BTW, after my wall of texts and knew I'm maybe on the list of bad guys on the FreeBSD forums, Chris didn't write anything.

Maybe it's good. Just dismiss this sh8t. He could choose to ignore it and continue to be kind with me, or changing his attitude and ignore me.

It's all depends on him and doesn't really matter.

The tools you said have available for decades without being updated. This is the reason why they are too limited and both functionality and user-friendliness compared to their counterparts on FreeBSD or Linux.

It's nothing to be proud for at all but something to be considered as a shame: we are stagnant, they are still move ahead, we are losers...

I will try GParted. But I'm not really expect much from it. Your GParted is way too outdated, so when compared with it modern counterpart on Linux, it looks like a joke.

I'm not want to spoonfed but just want an easier life. Why you consider lack of features/functionalities and user-friendliness a sign of professional, I wonder?

I admit I rarely have to read man pages on Linux and only read man page a bit more on FreeBSD.

It's because the tools are very intuitive. A bit of trial and error is enough to make the thing works as expected.

Or if it's a bit more complicated, then the -h/--help switch of the command is enough.

Does the same apply for your system?

No. It will need lengthy books just to cover what one able to do after reading just a simple manual. Is it anything to proud for?

I only want to make my job done. I'm not researcher. I admit I could resort to online tutorial sites is the most. I will drop the software altogether and seeking for alternatives if it requires me to read lengthy books.

Remember what make up most of the users is the average Joe.

If you want to be Elite-ism, you need strong financial backing. Or your project just simply become more and more less relevant and finally dead.

It's obviously you don't have any strong financial backing at all.

Even the former LoudMouthOS, FreeBSD, even though appeared to stay Elite-ism, they indeed make their system more user-friendly to catch the immigrants from Linux.

And they have good financial backing, too. They have Netflix, NetApp, Juniper,... all kind of the big names. Of course, it's nothing compared to Linux, though.

BTW, I don't want to insult and it's all personal opinions after all.

Don't take it serious!

---- On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 11:49:15 +0700 Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> wrote ----