[OpenIndiana-discuss] GParted crashed

Hung Nguyen Gia gh_origin at zohomail.com
Tue Jan 26 08:26:38 UTC 2021

I'm out of patient with this format stuff.

I ended up use GParted on Linux to fix the partition table.

But guess what? The format command on OI still doesn't see the extended space.

There is a command called 'expand' to expand the label to whole partition.

I tried this expand command. And guest what? It said there is nothing to expand!

What a piece of sh8t! How misleading! What this 'expand' command actually do?

The 'modify' command even give insane result where a partition table is full of zeros, zero cylinders, zero, everything zero!

Of course I'm not that stupid to accept these results. I always typed no.

BTW, what an insane default setting to defaulting all of the answer to be [yes]!

Too disappointed I'm not bother to try other 'commands' of the horrible 'format'.

But I did tried to run format the last time to see if I have any lucks.

And guest what? After I selected my usb stick it just printed [disk formatted] and the whole system hung.

I have to cold reset again to boot to Linux to post this email.

What a terrible experience! I give up. Good luck with your OS. I'm out.

---- On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 14:49:04 +0700 Hung Nguyen Gia via openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote ----