[OpenIndiana-discuss] What's HASWELL support like on OI?

Chris oidev at bsdos.info
Fri Jan 29 01:35:38 UTC 2021

I'm trying to find some combination of hardware that will
produce reasonable performance at the console. My last efforts
were in vain. I just ordered a motherboard that has intel
Haswell graphics support. The board also provides a pcie
x16 slot. Where I could put most any video card. My first
attempt with Intel video was a disappointment. So I tried
Nvidia. Which was also a disappointment. So I'm just
looking for something that doesn't take ~25 seconds to
return a full directory listing. But nothing created
in the within the last 5-7yrs that I have seems to fly.
Maybe I should be using a STBD, or RIVA TNT card? ;-)

Thanks for your input! :-)

--Chris

--
~10yrs a FreeBSD maintainer of ~160 ports
~40yrs of UNIX