[OpenIndiana-discuss] What's HASWELL support like on OI?

Hung Nguyen Gia gh_origin at zohomail.com
Fri Jan 29 03:08:27 UTC 2021

This is my CPU:

CPU:       Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Core i5-4460 bits: 64 type: MCP L2 cache: 6144 KiB

It has reasonable good performance with OI.

Graphic performance is also good. Possible to watch 4K on Palemoon and 1080p on Firefox.

The key point to good performance on OI is not CPU but RAM.

8G of RAM and a tweaked ZFS ARC Cache Size Max on /etc/system worked for me.

Everything is very fast and responsive. Until you touch operations with a spawning a lot of process like pkgsrc it will show you the truly identity of it is, Slowlaris.

I suggest add more RAM. Maybe 16G at least. But I think 32G is good.

Good luck at your effort.

---- On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 08:35:38 +0700 Chris <oidev at bsdos.info> wrote ----