[OpenIndiana-discuss] What's HASWELL support like on OI?

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Fri Jan 29 07:38:54 UTC 2021

On 29.01.21 06:48, Chris wrote:
> Maybe I'm spoiled, because the (Free)BSD console(s)
> are great. I can CTRL+ALT+F(1-12) for a new session, and attack
> several different tasks simultaneously.
> Guess I'm going to have to build all that into OI.

Fire up services

online         2018     svc:/system/vtdaemon:default
online         2018     svc:/system/console-login:vt4
online         2018     svc:/system/console-login:vt6
online         2018     svc:/system/console-login:vt3
online         2018     svc:/system/console-login:vt5
online         2018     svc:/system/console-login:vt2

and you have what you want (note: Its alt only on the console, ctrl-alt
in X)
alt-f 1 to 6 gives a new console, alt-f7 graphical desktop (if X is
running).