[OpenIndiana-discuss] What's HASWELL support like on OI?

Chris oidev at bsdos.info
Fri Jan 29 16:29:58 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-28 23:38, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> On 29.01.21 06:48, Chris wrote:
>> Maybe I'm spoiled, because the (Free)BSD console(s)
>> are great. I can CTRL+ALT+F(1-12) for a new session, and attack
>> several different tasks simultaneously.
>> Guess I'm going to have to build all that into OI.
>
> Fire up services
>
> online         2018     svc:/system/vtdaemon:default
> online         2018     svc:/system/console-login:vt4
> online         2018     svc:/system/console-login:vt6
> online         2018     svc:/system/console-login:vt3
> online         2018     svc:/system/console-login:vt5
> online         2018     svc:/system/console-login:vt2
>
> and you have what you want (note: Its alt only on the console, ctrl-alt in
> X)
> alt-f 1 to 6 gives a new console, alt-f7 graphical desktop (if X is
> running).
Thanks! I don't have any of that here. This sort of thing is
controlled by /etc/ttys on FreeBSD. I'm not sure what the equivalent
is on OI. Will have to look around and see what I can find.
Seems odd to me your listing above isn't initiated by default.

Thanks again! :-)

--Chris

--
~10yrs a FreeBSD maintainer of ~160 ports
~40yrs of UNIX