[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing a new Openindiana via usb

Toomas Soome tsoome at me.com
Wed Jul 7 09:02:54 UTC 2021

> On 7. Jul 2021, at 11:13, david allan finch <david.allan at finch.org> wrote:
>
> On 07/07/21 09:02 AM, Toomas Soome via openindiana-discuss wrote:
>> disk-1: is error about boot loader stage 1 being unable to identify the boot disk (partition read failure or filesystem read failure or disk read failure - but then you should see additional error messages).
>> usb image does have GPT partition table, you could try to enter: status and see what device names will be printed.
>
> Thanks for that. Attached is screenshot. Is there any docs for the boot loader?

there are several manuals, boot(1M), gptzzfsboot(5), loader(5).

in your case, the problem starts from the  fact that we do not get information about partitions, on screenshot, all disks are listed without partitioning information.

We would like to see something like:

disk0:	BIOS drive C (….)
  disk0p1:  EFI		256MB
  disk0p2: ….

and so on. I’m not really sure what did happen while usb image was written to the stick, but something seems to be wrong there. Does windows see any partitions there?

rgs,
toomas