[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing a new Openindiana via usb

david allan finch david.allan at finch.org
Wed Jul 7 11:08:01 UTC 2021

On 07/07/21 10:02 AM, Toomas Soome via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> there are several manuals, boot(1M), gptzzfsboot(5), loader(5).

thanks

> in your case, the problem starts from the  fact that we do not get information about partitions, on screenshot, all disks are listed without partitioning information.
>
> We would like to see something like:
>
> disk0:	BIOS drive C (….)
>    disk0p1:  EFI		256MB
>    disk0p2: ….
>
> and so on. I’m not really sure what did happen while usb image was written to the stick, but something seems to be wrong there. Does windows see any partitions there?

I had put in an old disk that had been used as a raid for the boot
drive. It was not formated. I found another and it now shows that as
disk1 D with a two windows paritions.

It must be booting, from the usb, as without the OI usb tumbdrive it
says there is no bootable disk.

As I seam to have something else coming up as disk0 C - there must be
another M2 like drive which is has placed as C.

I wonder if the USB boot assumes it is the second disk?

So assuming that the M2 should be there only with the USB, I took out
the phyical drive. It does the same. So that is not it.

May be later I will try taking out the M2 as well.

Thanks.