[OpenIndiana-discuss] Smartcards on Openindiana

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Wed Jun 16 18:59:50 UTC 2021

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Smartcards on Openindiana, Carsten...:

> Am 16.06.21 11:06 schrieb Stephan Althaus  <Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu>:
>>
>> On 6/16/21 10:05 AM, Carsten Grzemba via openindiana-discuss wrote:
>>>

>>> Is there anyone who uses smartcards on OpenIndiana? There are some
>>> recommendations which reader devices can be used?

I "ported" some of the yubikey software to OI a couple years ago, but
I didn't get to the point of daily use.  The software compiled without
much difficulty so it's not really much of a "port".

I never got as far as testing how it integrates with e.g. gpg-agent on OI,
but I could get the devices recognized by the USB subsystem and some of
the Yubikey utilities worked as expected.

I also got it to show up to a Windows 10 guest via VirtualBox USB passthrough.
That's about the point where I got interrupted by a high priority work
project.

If you're interested, I could update the two software packages I built and
make them available to you or via PRs.  You would need one of the yubikeys
to do any testing or further evaluation, though.

Sorry I didn't get farther with it.

Tim

>> Hello!
>>
>> i am using two USB SD card readers:
>>
>> HAMA USB 3.0 00123901 idVendor = 0x56e idProduct = 0x8007
>>
>> Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-II USB-C Card reader SDDR-409 idVendor =
>> 0x781 idProduct = 0xcfca
>>

>> Both work well on my USB 3.0 Type A port.
>>
>> Stephan
>>

> I mean smartcards like cryptocards with keys and certificates or similar.

Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)