[OpenIndiana-discuss] NVMe SSD

Tony Brian Albers tba at kb.dk
Thu Jun 17 04:25:48 UTC 2021

Reginald Beardsley via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> I just added a 1 TB WD SN750 NVMe SSD to my Z840 running Hipster 2021.04.31.  Now I need to set it up.
>
> I have read the FreeBSD Master volumes by Lucas and Jude on the subject, but the information is skimpy.  A search didn't turn up much that is relevant and less still that is useful.  I want to serve executables,  libraries man pages, etc from this.  Those are probably the only things I'd access sufficiently often for it to provide any benefit.  I'm not running a database instance.
>
> Reading suggestions?
>
> Have Fun!
> Reg

Depending on what other disks you have it might be best to just move the
whole OS onto it. That would give you a general performance boost.
Since it's not mirrored(from what I can deduct from your post), it would
probably be a good idea to keep important stuff(not easily
reinstallable/recoverable) on mirrored drives. And as always, have a
backup -one that actually can be used to recover from ;)

/tony

--
Tony Albers - Systems Architect - IT Development Royal Danish Library,
Victor Albecks Vej 1, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark