[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 2020.10 install disk FAIL #2 !!!

John D Groenveld groenveld at acm.org
Mon Mar 1 01:47:17 UTC 2021

In message <845919546.1414404.1614561339642 at mail.yahoo.com>, Reginald Beardsley
 via openindiana-discuss writes:
>Following hints from others, I used a *working* copy of gparted to put a GPT l
>abel on a 5 TB disk in advance of attempting to install OI.

I booted the FreeBSD 13 Beta installer:
<URL:https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/ISO-IMAGES/13.0/>
With gpart(8), I created a GPT scheme and then added an apple-zfs
partition.
Then I created an zpool named rpool with features disabled and
exported it.
# zpool create -d rpool ada0p1
# zpool export rpool

Using the OI text installer I was able to F5 to install to an existing
pool.
<URL:http://dlc.openindiana.org/>

>I took photos of the screen should anyone question this

As Josh Clulow noted, the OI text installer keeps a logfile in /tmp
which would be helpful if you're interested in providing a bug report.

John
groenveld at acm.org