[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 2020.10 install disk FAIL #2 !!!

Judah Richardson judahrichardson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 01:24:16 UTC 2021

About to eat so firing this reply off quickly:

OI has an oddity in which the live USB supports GPT and UEFI boot (on the
USB media itself) but the actual OS installation and boot is entirely
legacy (MBR, at least by default).

Yes, I know that doesn't make sense. There's some *semantic* (read: not
practical. In the context IMO the answer relative to other current
generation OSes is "No") debate about whether OI supports UEFI (see the
mailing list archives within the past 6 months) but I do believe an
accurate assessment is the above sentence. Hopefully that helps.