[OpenIndiana-discuss] gparted stack trace from 2020.10 GUI installer disk on HP Z400

cretin1997 cretin1997 at protonmail.com
Wed Mar 3 04:35:41 UTC 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 10:45 AM, Reginald Beardsley <pulaskite at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If the ISO is not "stable" it's not even worth doing. Kirk is brilliant, but he just describes the concepts.
> I'll see what the new book has to say and then compare it to the implementation.

Oh man, I mean the ports collection. The ports is what you get when you run portsnap fetch extract and portsnap fetch update. They are going to deprecate portsnap so the most obvious way to get the ports tree is via git. I feared if you got the wrong branch of the ports tree, the master branch, because I have never had any build errors with ports, so I remind you that you should use the stable quarterly branch.

Seemed you never used FreeBSD before. I have to remind you that, FreeBSD names their ISO a bit different from the rest. STABLE branch is indeed testing but RELEASE branch is indeed stable. You should get the RELEASE branch ISO.