[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster 2020.10 text installer ISO Wow!!!!

cretin1997 cretin1997 at protonmail.com
Thu Mar 4 16:37:31 UTC 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Thursday, March 4, 2021 11:10 PM, Toomas Soome via openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:

> I think the next version should appear in may, so there is your chance to join with release building team to make sure the next version is with expected quality.
>
> rgds,
> toomas

Almost forgot, OpenIndiana Hipster is rolling release so we can't expect the kind of stability LTS systems (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS,...) provide us. I will stop comparing with these systems when talking with people but instead comparing OI with Arch Linux. Arch has more advantage as it has more users so also has more eyes to look into the problems, so even though being rolling release Arch is almost just stable as these LTS systems.

BTW, who is going to use a rolling release system for their critical purpose jobs? At least OmniOS has a LTS release so I recommend people to use it instead. Perhaps he was wrong from the beginning to consider using OI.