[OpenIndiana-discuss] nvidia problem

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Thu Mar 4 21:14:47 UTC 2021

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] nvidia problem, Apostolos...:

> OK but as I have wrote in my original message I
> need to remove the xorg-something package but this
> package is a prerequisite for the install_mate
> package!

install_mate is some kind of meta package that just triggers the
installation of all of the desktop/mate/* and other components.

Once mate is actually installed, it's perfectly safe to remove
mate_install.  In fact, alp's original instructions for converting
from the old environment to Mate suggested doing just that.

You can safely pkg uninstall mate_install and you'll still have
the graphical desktop, etc.

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)