[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster 2020.10 text installer ISO Wow!!!!

cretin1997 cretin1997 at protonmail.com
Fri Mar 5 10:26:51 UTC 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Friday, March 5, 2021 3:34 PM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) <udo.grabowski at kit.edu> wrote:

> On 05.03.21 07:56, cretin1997 via openindiana-discuss wrote:

> > Trust me, man. SquashFS is a superior technology ...
>
> > It's the superior technology ...
>
> From my decades of experience, if I read such sentences,
> I immediately know it's not. Superior.
> It's just another "something", surrounded by Hipsters
> trying to generate a hype around it.

Except this time you are wrong. You just use experience to beat other people. You have no first hand experience with SquashFS and no knowledge about it. I suggest download a live Linux system from distrowatch, you could choose a random distro, boot it live system, play with it for a while, and realize how behind we are to Linux in term of live system technology.

> > .... and is the answer to our problem.
>
> ? What problem ? What you are talking about ? Why
> not using Linux when everything there is superior
> and solves your problems ? What you are doing here ?

Yeah yeah I know. You are the best! Others are rubbish! You don't have to learn anything from others but only them learn from you! Yeah, they really did just that. They learned and imported ZFS from you and now their ZoL implementation becomes upstream, your implementation is lagged behind. Yeah, SystemD learned from SMF and FMA, but just superior because they don't use everything XML like yours. Yeah, I know all of that.

Childish behavior like yours only caused the interested people to go away. And I really considered to go away. But the fact is I see I still can do something useful with OI and don't want to give up too soon. Yeah, I know, from my experience on this mail list, give up is most of the time the answers! Sooner or later, I will have to give up. But I don't want to give it up too soon. Got it?