[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster 2020.10 text installer ISO Wow!!!!

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 15:19:30 UTC 2021

 I thought I'd make another stab at this. I updated to the 3.61 BIOS from HP's web site.

With milestone single user or multi-user using the "txt install" ISO "prtconf -v" runs fine if IDE is selected, however, in RAID+AHCI it won't run as shown in the photo.

scanpci is not available nor is find which leaves me a bit mystified as to what we are running in the image above.

Despite statements on HP's web site, it does appear that there is more than one version of the mainboard.

Reg

     On Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 09:08:02 PM CST, Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm> wrote:

 On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 07:57:39AM -0600, Gary Mills wrote:

> I looked around for my notes on the first install of OI on my Z400,
> but couldn't find anything.  Maybe it was that easy that I didn't
> bother making notes.  I do recall that only needed to follow the first
> part of the instructions.  The main thing is the add_drv and rebuilding
> the boot archive.  There was only one BE, of course.

I found my notes.  They were from Febuary 2018.  Here they are, in
point form:

    o Changed controller to AHCI+RAID in BIOS
    o Booted OI hipster-20171031 USB stick
    o Started a shell window
    o Got a root shell with `sudo ksh'
    o Found `RAID controller' in `prtconf -v' output
    o Ran: update_drv -a -i 'pci8086,2822.103c.1309.0' ahci
      o Added line to driver_aliases:
        ahci "pci8086,2822.103c.1309.0"
    o Ran the installer
    o Checked new BE:
    # mkdir /tmp/a
    # beadm mount openindiana /tmp/a
    # wc -l /tmp/a/etc/driver_aliases /etc/driver_aliases
        1772 /tmp/a/etc/driver_aliases
        1772 /etc/driver_aliases
      o Files were the same
    o Rebuild the boot archive:
    # bootadm update-archive -v -R /tmp/a
      o No output
    o Umount:
    # beadm unmount openindiana
    o Rebooted from the installer GUI
    o Normal boot of new BE

--
-Gary Mills-        -refurb-        -Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada-