[OpenIndiana-discuss] Z400 AHCI Was: Hipster 2020.10 text installer ISO Wow!!!!

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 20:33:27 UTC 2021

 I finally got it to work. For some reason the USB stick would not boot. It had 2019.04 on it and I had used it to install on a friend's system (Dell IIRC). I copied 2020.10 to it with same result.

But Peter's comment made me try a USB optical drive and that did work using the GUI install disk. The device number does change when you switch between IDE and RAID+AHCI. Also the SATA-RAID option ROM download *must* be enabled to see the disk drives.

For all the effort I got a 27% increase in transfer rate: 64.7 vs 82.4 MB/s.

Reg