[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to mount usb devices?

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 29 13:06:26 UTC 2021

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 04:24:58PM -0500, Gary Mills wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 08:38:33PM -0700, irixuzer wrote:
> > I'm new to the list. Ive been trying to mount usb devices. After the first
> > time, which was successful, I've been getting the following:
>
> If you are using the dbus service, the usual case with OI, USB devices
> get mounted automatically.  You don't have to do anything.  The FMRI
> of that service is svc:/system/dbus:default .

I see I made a mistake in this message.  It's the hal service that
mounts USB devices automatically.  The FMRI is:

    svc:/system/hal:default

This service is present on all my OI systems, but then I installed
them initially with the GUI installer.  I don't know if the hal
service is installed by the text installer.