[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana Hipster 2021.04 is here

Austin Kim freennix at gmail.com
Sat May 1 15:15:15 UTC 2021

On May 1, 2021, at 10:16 AM, Andreas Wacknitz <A.Wacknitz at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> another six months have passed by and so the creation of new snapshot
> images were due.
> The usual images have been assembled and put on our download server
> https://www.openindiana.org/download/
> Furthermore, something like release notes have been collected and also
> have been put it on our web server:
> https://www.openindiana.org/2021/05/01/openindiana-hipster-2021-04-is-here/
>
> Again we were able to collect more than 500 PR's during the last 6
> months. Thanks to all involved participants (in alphabetical order):
> alm0ndiga, Stephan Althaus, Carsten Grzemba, Nona Hansel, hoewweken, Jim
> Klimov, Aurelien Larcher, Evgeny Litvinenko, Rich Lowe, Jim Mason, Gary
> Mills, Sven Schmeling, Toomas Soome, David Stes, Adam Števko,Rick V,
> Andreas Wacknitz, Till Wegmüller, and klausz65
>
> I want to use this announcement to remind everybody that we are seeking
> for volunteers who help us to maintain OpenIndiana.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas

This is a huge release!  There was a time when it seemed OI development was slowing down somewhat, and it’s really exciting to see more and more people get involved :)

Maybe also announce on OpenIndiana-announce for OI users who aren’t subscribed to the OI discussion or developer lists?

On behalf of fellow OI end-users out there, thanks so much to all the developers and testers who put in so much hard work; I can’t wait to try it ��

Austin

“We are responsible for actions performed in response to circumstances for which we are not responsible.”  —Allan Massie, _A Question of Loyalties_, 1989