[OpenIndiana-discuss] Recommended way to migrate to a new release?

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Sat May 1 23:45:26 UTC 2021

Hi Reg

Hipster is a Rolling release model meaning updates land directly in the
package repositories for each package.

ISO "Releases" are simply there to mark a point where we look back onto
the last 6 months and can actually see how much has moved. And it's the
point we want to make it as stable as possible so that new people can
install it from the snapshot medias. Historically it was also a point,
where we could snapshot the Repo so people could jump between
publishers, but that has changed.

-Till