[OpenIndiana-discuss] Which OI service cleans up hidden NFS files?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue May 4 22:53:34 UTC 2021

On 5/4/21 3:38 PM, Judah Richardson wrote:
> I did some searching about the error message and found this Solaris
> documentation page
> <https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37838_01/html/E61004/gqmry.html> about
> removing hidden NFS files. It says that the above error is due to something
> called nfsfind, but that nfsfind should be superseded by a service called
> svc:/network/nfs/cleanup.

It also says that the nfs cleanup service was added in Solaris 11.4, which is
much newer than the pre-Solaris-11.0 base that OpenIndiana/illumos is based on.

Don't you still have the nfsfind command in your root crontab?

https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/blob/9ecd05bdc59e4a1091c51ce68cce2028d5ba6fd1/usr/src/cmd/Adm/root#L30

	-alan-