[OpenIndiana-discuss] read/write hard drive parameters

Michelle michelle at msknight.com
Wed May 12 05:43:09 UTC 2021

I'm having awful luck with WD 8Tb red drives.

Mirror configuration, ZFS is failing the drives on sustained writes.
RAIDZ seems to be more forgiving.

I've sent one drive back and have two more under RMA, but so far my
crude testing seems to indicate that this is a configuration issue
generic to the model, rather than an out and out faulty drive.

Someone else said (not on here) has said they had to tweek the write
timeouts on the drives to stop them erroring.

So the trick is... how do I address the drive parameters under
OpenIndiana please? Does anyone have a link to a how-to please?

Michelle.