[OpenIndiana-discuss] Network configuration in zones

Stephan Wild stephan-wild at web.de
Wed May 12 15:50:13 UTC 2021

Hey there,
I just started with OpenIndiana an have a problem:
I created a pool and a ZFS, after that I created a zone with exclusive IP mode with a physical NIC e1000g1. Then I installed the zone did my network config in the zone with DHCP, and I can perform package Installation and provide service to the world. But when I reboot the global Zone, then I am not able to boot the new created zone, because the NIC is used by the global zone.
Do you have any idea why the NIC is pushed to the GZ?

Thanks in advice

Stephan