[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenLDAP server on openindiana 2021.04

C. G. idxtrader at hotmail.com
Sun May 23 11:19:01 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have a problem with the provided openldap package from openindiana : I can't get it work because the basic commands like "ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f file.ldif" don't work, because some options don't work. So, I can't add my baseDN to the database.

So, I've compiled openldap 2.4.58 from the sources.

But how to make that work as a service now? I can start openLDAP by typing :

# /usr/local/libexec/slapd

The process is running :

# pgrep slap
returns :
20063

# top
returns :
 20063 root        2  59    0 1064M   28M sleep    0:00  0.00% slapd

I've also created a group "ldap" with this command :

# groupadd ldap

I also added a user "ldap" with this command :

# useradd ldap

But what I want is to start my compiled openLDAP as a system service with svcadm