[OpenIndiana-discuss] xhci drivers fails to attach

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 06:55:44 UTC 2021

>Until yesterday the xhci driver was working just fine. For a stupid reason I issued a
>
># rem_drv xhci
>
>This worked fine but the add_drv command fails:
>
># add_drv xhci
>devfsadm: driver failed to attach: xhci
>Warning: Driver (xhci) successfully added to system but failed to attach
>
>I tried "touch /reconfigure" but nothing happens. I haven't touched the bios or anything!
>Of course automount does not work. Any ideas what is wrong?

The problem was that the system could not discover the PCI so I had to use the following command:

add_drv -i "pciclass,0c0330" xhci

The problem is that the system could not detect the device. So mounted an older BE
and I found the driver alias:

bash-5.1$ grep xhci driver_aliases
xhci "pciclass,0c0330"

I am of course no kernel expert but I suspect that something is wrong with device detection.

Regards,
A.S.