[OpenIndiana-discuss] Max limit of UDP sockets per Physical Machine

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 16:35:01 UTC 2021

Hello All

I am starting a development Job on a Game server which will need massive
of players on the same server. For Games this is usually UDP. So I am
now looking at the Best way to have a Network Architecture to achieve
this. Leaving other limitations aside and asuming a unix based server as
Host of the server process, what socket limitations will I hit with
illumos? Let's assume the following situation. A Client moves in the
world and updates the server about that. The server then needs to
publish That information to every client. If I have one bi-directional
socket open for every client I will hit a limit I guess. What are the
limits for sockets in illumos?

Thanks for any info
-Till