[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg install woes

John Gardner jgardner100au at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 30 01:44:12 UTC 2021

A brand new install from the hipster-20210403 dvd and I can't install packages at the moment:

root at buildpc:/export/home/johng# pkg install build-essential

Creating Plan (Solver setup): |

pkg install: No matching version of metapackages/build-essential can be installed:

  Reject:  pkg://openindiana.org/metapackages/build-essential@1.0-2020.0.1.22

  Reason:  No version matching 'require' dependency developer/astdev can be installed

    Reject:  pkg://openindiana.org/developer/astdev@0.5.11-2020.0.1.20655

             pkg://openindiana.org/developer/astdev@0.5.11-2020.0.1.20794

    Reason:  This version is excluded by installed incorporation consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation at 0.5.11-2020.0.1.20476

Before I dig too into why, I just wanted to check if this is a known issue.

--
CheersJohn G