[OpenIndiana-discuss] how to install open indiana on a single partition

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Wed Oct 13 16:09:46 UTC 2021

On October 13, 2021 3:55:06 PM UTC, Mario Marietto <marietto2008 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello to everyone.
>
>I would like to know if any of you has tried to install open indiana in
>specific partition and not on the whole hard disk. Do you have some
>suggestions ? some tutorial that I can learn how to do that ? thanks.

It would probably have to be a primary partition (if on MBR) of type Solaris2, but should be doable. IIRC from live/install media you can manually create an rpool, and then feed it to installer as a done thing. It was a while since I saw the installer :)

Actually the installer would probably ask about partitioning; the trick above could be more a step to colocate zfs-aware OSes in datasets of same rpool.

Jim

--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Android